Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Awe Full: Rain Concierto
 
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Rain Concierto
I walked across campus seemingly alone, a storm summoned to unleash, when a gust and thunder filled my spirit. Nature high, the splendor rolling terror, and my hands became the waves of rain, my breath a gust of warm air, and I conducted a walking improvisation. My mist coats the air and parts the grass blades, the puddled sidewalk quicksilver breaks droplets suspended among my glossy wet leather boots. Tears of raindrops slide down my face and cheeks. The excitement, the thrill of danger, the thrashing sway of trees, the weeping willow throws up it's hands, and I walk, calmly composed within, completely in control, into the air-conditioned library hall smell of old books, a calm felt refuge of knowledge and warm lamps. I see lightning flash torrent through the windows, like the barge of a ship. I am safe here, breathing, wet, and winding into words, and my world is silent. Rocking calmly into focus, watching this computer screen, the vertical window rain sliding down in rivers.

And I hit Publish Post.
posted by David @ 12:23 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Name: David
Home: Arkadelphia, Arkansas, United States
About Me: I believe that life is too short to fit everything that I would like to do.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links

Squirrel Chasing Nuts

Spark of Silence

Rainy Conversation

Stacy

Behind Blue Eyes

Enemy of the Republic

Lori

Radvixen

Embalming Regiment